GrowthAfrica is excited to announce that SPRING, a pioneering new business accelerator, is looking to partner with passionate, innovative and determined entrepreneurs running small to mid-sized businesses in Kenya that have the potential to benefit the greatest force of change in the world: A GIRL!
SPRING is sponsored by The UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), the Nike Foundation, and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is designed to support entrepreneurs and scale ventures whose products and services improve the lives of adolescent girls.
SPRING’s business accelerator program offers grant funding and financial planning, mentorship support and peer-to-peer collaboration to help your business grow, starting with the most essential thing—funding. Up to 18 SPRING businesses will have access to variable grant funding of an average of USD 80,000 per business to support growth and scale.
Representatives from SPRING will be meeting entrepreneurs in three cities and one town across Kenya in February and March to host in-person information sessions about the recently launched 5 year, 3 phase pioneering business accelerator. The team will also be looking to meet representatives of organizations that share SPRING vision for empowering adolescent girls or working with entrepreneurs to support early stage ventures.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE INFORMATION SESSIONS
- Businesses that create physical, digital, or financial assets that effect girls ability to:
- Revenue positive businesses that have a positive impact on the lives of girls
- Businesses with girls as an existing or potential target market.
- Businesses looking to scale their business, create greater impact and are seeking capital
The SPRING team in Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru and Nairobi on the following dates –
- Mombasa 17th of February – RSVP here
- Kisumu 24th of February – RSVP here
- Nakuru 26th of February – RSVP here
- Nairobi 3rd and 10th of March – RSVP here
For more information, feel free to reach out to Patricia Jumi, country manager, SPRING – Kenya through (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Stay connected with SPRING on Facebook and Twitter to get regular updates and help us spread the word to entrepreneurs in your network.
For businesses seeking to apply to join the accelerator in Kenya, please follow us @Growthafrica for country specific updates about SPRING.