2019 has been a great year for GrowthAfrica. We have seen entrepreneurs in the 2019 cohort create actionable growth plans for their businesses, expanded business growth support to Ghana and opened doors to 5 new members of staff to strengthen our dedicated team.
In order to fulfill our mission to strategically grow and accelerate high impact, high growth, businesses that innovatively contribute to Africa’s social and economic progress, we need a talented and commited team that is capable and ready to serve our entrepreneurs, stakeholders and partners better.
“Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
We are pleased to introduce you to the newest, innovative, and audacious members of the GrowthAfrica team.
Name: Leah Nduati-Lee
Role at GA: Growth Catalyst, GrowthAfrica Accelerator, Ghana
Recent Employer: Bold Media Management as a Consultant, 9 years
Education: Bachelor of Arts from the University of Nairobi
Management Information Systems (MIS) Higher Diploma from Strathmore University
Years of Experience: 14 years
- Member of the Advisory Board- ASENTI (African Summit on Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
- Co-founder of Intra-Africa Connect, would facilitate business workshops
Hobbies: Swimming, Reading, Horse riding, Debating, Travelling
Name: Samantha Malambo
Role at GA: Growth Catalyst, GrowthAfrica Accelerator, Zambia
Recent Employer: Mercy Corps Agrifin Accelerate
Education: Master of Science in Economics and Finance from the University of Lusaka, Zambia.
Years of Experience: 7 years
Supported a leading bank in Zambia in designing, piloting and scaling a digital financial solution for small-scale farmers. The digital product has now reached 4,000 farmers. Samantha is also certified in Human Centred Design research, which places emphasis on having the client at the centre of any strategy development or design process.
Hobbies: Reading, taking long road trips and hiking.
Name: Linda Mathenge- Mwangi
Role at GA: Project Catalyst, Advisory, Kenya
Recent Employer: Mount Kenya University as a Research Assistant, Directorate, Research & Innovation (1 year), EMBA Program and Certification Programs Coordinator (5 years)
Education: MBA (Business Administration) from Prairie View A & M University Texas, USA
Years of Experience: 22 years
4 years of experience as a Certified Entrepreneurship Facilitator)
- 15 years of ICT experience with Fortune 500 companies in the USA and Kenya
- Certified Copenhagen Business School/Scandinavian International Management Institute Personal Leadership Facilitator
- Successfully graduated 33 graduands in 2 cohorts as Program coordinator for the partnership MKU/ Copenhagen Business School Executive (CBS-E) executive MBA
- Coordinated and facilitated the training of 64 SMEs across 5 counties in a Data Science for SMEs project, a collaboration between MKU/ µData Analytics Institute (µDAI), Germany. a EUR 40,000 funded project by Centre for International Migration Development (CIM)
- Initiated and facilitated a successful accreditation of MKU as a Human Resource Management Professionals Examination Board (HRMPEB) Examination and training centre
Hobbies – Travelling, cooking, swimming, outdoor activities.
Name: Josephine Nyutu
Role at GA: Front Office Administrator, Group Support, Kenya
Recent Employer: Panasonic Marketing Middle East & Africa, 3 years
Education: Diploma in Radio Production & Broadcast from Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Years of Experience: 6 years
Achievements: Organizing the front office at Panasonic and Led cost cutting initiative to use filtrated water instead of bottle water in the organisation
Hobbies: Travelling, cooking and reading novels, socializing
Name: Lucky Mwachi
Role at GA: Digital Media Assistant
Recent Employer: Kuza Biashara
Education: BSc. Communications and Public Relations, Moi University
Years of Experience: 4 years
- Opening an Instagram account for Kuza and growing the following to over 1,200 followers in 7 months.
- Running successful social media campaigns for the Top 100 Mid-Sized Companies Survey and Gala in 2017 and 2018. The survey is an initiative of KPMG and Business Daily.
Hobbies: Watching movies, Listening to podcasts, Travelling