The GrowthAfrica Business Scaleup Acceleration Programme is demanding, but so is success! The programme and our support is designed to help you scale your venture, make it investment ready and develop your entrepreneurial leadership.
Application deadline: 16th December 2018
Apply for the programme here
Applications are now open for our 2019 GrowthAfrica Business Scaleup Accelerator Programme in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Zambia. We will for each country select 15 ambitious, committed entrepreneurs with high potential to grow and create significant impact with a focus on high impact employment and income generating opportunities.
The GrowthAfrica Acceleration Programme is designed to help you scale your venture, make it investment ready and develop your entrepreneurial leadership with the aim of unlocking significant growth in your business.
What GrowthAfrica offers:
- Growth strategy: Led by experienced facilitators, own designed proprietary process and learning methodology that leads to an increase in your revenue and profits
- Catalytic support: Get individualised and tailored business development support from growth catalysts who will walk you through and support you in your business journey
- Financial modelling: Build a financial model for your business growth and investment readiness
- Investment support: Receive support in identification of, access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors
- Peer-peer learning: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Mentorship: You will have a personal executive mentor who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- Leadership: Acquire tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership
- Networking and partnerships opportunities with GrowthAfrica’s networks locally and internationally
For profit, post revenue business with an innovative product, service or methodology
- Ready to scale the business
- Turnover of min 100,000 USD
- Existed for 2 years or more year
- Dedicated Full time founding team consisting of at least 2 founders
- Full time and dedicated core team
- Open to raising external investment as part of your growth strategy
We are open to all sectors but have a soft spot for:
- IT/mobile solutions
- Financial services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
- Water & sanitation
The programme’s first phase consists of 18 workshop days spread over a 6 months’ period. The programme kicks off with a 5-day visioning bootcamp and then subsequently five 2-days workshops where we establish the foundation and equip you with tools to diagnose your business and devise strategies to optimize your business in all conceivable areas. This part is concluded with 3-day actioning bootcamp where businesses come up with an implementation action plan for their 3-year vision.
After each workshop you will work in-company with the assistance of external business experts, GrowthAfrica growth catalysts and financial modelers. We will be working to implement your new strategies and innovations – boosting your growth trajectory in significant ways.
The second phase of the programme involves 24 months of one-on-one support from the GrowthAfrica team, a pool of external business leaders and support by GrowthAfrica’s investment facilitation team.
We applied so that we could have more access to investors. We were attracted to the fact that GrowthAfrica trains one in other business skillslike strategic planning around the business. GA wants to support businesses that are bigger than the entrepreneur. You learn a lot about leadership and having impact on lareger scale – Gladys Kalema-Zikusoka, Founder of Gorilla Conservation Coffee
See all our portfolio companies here
- Application opening: October 17th, 2018
- Application deadline: December 16th, 2018 – at midnight
- Programme start date: May 2019
- End of phase 1: September 2019
In case you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us:
+256 757 453 412