We all need that advantage over the competition, that thing that tilts the scales of failure and success in our favour. Yes, that real, energising leverage that is so elusive to most of us
Go directly to the application form or read more below.
The GrowthAfrica accelerator programme is demanding, but so is success! For six months you will be tearing up your business model and all its constituents, analysing them to bits with the help of a team of skilled and experienced business executives, successful entrepreneurs, maven investors and the GrowthAfrica team, who themselves are experienced entrepreneurs, consultants, mentors and advisors to successful business across the region.
Through our initial 5-day boot camp and the subsequent six 3-day workshops we will establish the foundation and equip you with tools to diagnose your business and devise strategies to optimise your business in all thinkable areas. After each workshop you will work in-company with the assistance of your mentors, facilitators, growth catalysts and sages to implement your new strategies and innovations – boosting your growth trajectory in significant ways.
The GrowthAfrica team provided hands-on support and worked with us through our business and strategy whilst connecting us with investors when the time was right and our business was ready. Cathrine Mahugu, Co-founder of Soko
On top of all this, we focus on sharpening your leadership skills through a number of coaching sessions; and provide you with one of our skilled finance associates who will aid you in developing your financial model, gain a profound understand and appreciation of the financial aspects of your business, and create a useful decision making tool.
Workshops are typically carried out Thursday-Saturday every four weeks, giving you plenty of time to act on the learnings, plan and prepare for the upcoming workshop, and run your business in the capacity needed.
As long as you are committed to leveraging your business to bring positive impact to the communities you work in, either through your products or services, or through your business model, we are interested in you – but it is of extra interest to us if:
- You already have an innovative product or service in the market and paying customers
- You have a team of co-founders with a balanced skillset and who are ambitious, talented, committed and willing to learn from their peers and the GrowthAfrica team
- You have a burning desire to make your business the next big thing and scale internationally and make your business an impactful multimillion dollar success story
- Your business have products and services addressing environmental sustainability; work with IT, mobile and financial technologies; is an agribusiness, have a product or service relating to the construction sector, or deliver essential services (health, education, water & sanitation)
The total value of these copious resources is in excess of USD 50,000 per startup – but we naturally do not expect you to pay this upfront. But we do think it is fair that the success we inevitably will co-create with you is shared – so we ask all startups to pay us subsequently by sharing:
- 1% of your revenue +
- 2% of your equity +
- 3% of investments raised
We only expect this from you if we help you:
- Double your revenue or
- Triple your profit or
- Help you raise at least USD 250,000
That is our guarantee to you: Your success is our success!
- Application opening: 20th November 2015
- Application deadline: 17th January – at midnight
- Click apply now to go to the application form