The Growth Accelerator Malawi entrepreneurship challenge is a business accelerator programme that provides mentorship, technical assistance and co-financing to innovative and impactful entrepreneurs. The accelerator provides 12 months of support to ventures that are ready to grow and scale.
The programme ran a successful cycle 1 in 2019 through a collaboration of partners who offered both technical and financial support towards the initiative. Below is a list of the partners for both rounds of the programme.
- UNDP Malawi – http://www.mw.undp.org/
- The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Malawi – https://www.norway.no/en/malawi
- MHub – www.mhubmw.com
- GrowthAfrica – www.growthafrica.com
- Accesserator – www.accesserator.com
- Kweza Equity Partners – www.kwezamalawi.com
- National Bank of Malawi – www.natbank.co.mw
- Ecobank Malawi – www.ecobank.com/mw/personal-banking/countries
Learn more about the Cycle 1 companies here: https://growthafrica.com/meet-malawis-11-top-usinesses-joining-the-growth-accelerator/
Cycle 2 which kicked off its technical support on 22nd January 2020 comprises of a cohort with 13 ventures. The first session was a 3-day Visioning Bootcamp run by GrowthAfrica and Mhub in Malawi.
The cohort has a diverse group of businesses that absorbed the exercises and had their first realisation of how they had not taken time before to really self-reflect on their leadership, the purpose and direction of their ventures.
The bootcamp has set the right tone and the ventures are engaged and really geared for what is to come in the months ahead.
Here are the ambitious and innovative companies that were selected for the Cycle 2 Growth Accelerator Malawi Entrepreneurship Challenge:
- AfroCentric Lifestyle
- Balaka Limeworks Supply Co. Ltd.
- Cariz Cakery
- Green Gold Finance
- Hortinet Foods Ltd.
- Imani Investments
- JAT Investments
- JESCAL Enterprise
- Mother’s Choice
- Perisha Agro and Packaging Enterprise
- Tina Pads
- Warm Heart Children’s Therapy & Wellness Centre