CROWDFUNDING: PRACTICAL ADVISE FROM PANEL OF KENYAN EXPERTS
- Are you an ambitious entrepreneur?
- Do you want to take your business to the next level?
- Are you looking for investment to grow your business?
If your answer is YES to any of the above questions, then this event is for you! Entrepreneurs are job creators and contribute largely to the growth of the economy. However, this growth is limited due to lack of sufficient capital to scale or there being very few alternative sources of capital or unrealistic collateral required. GrowthAfrica invites you to this event to learn from experts and entrepreneurs who have run successful crowdfunding campaigns and raised money.
We have brought together a panel of speakers who will share their experiences on crowdfunding and equip you with tools and strategies on how to plan and run a crowdfunding campaign.
The event is targeted at and especially valuable for (co-)founders, directors and entrepreneurs who:
- Are running a high-growth, high-impact and scalable business
- Have a product/service in the market (not idea stage)
- Are generating revenue for at least 2 years
- Have an ambitious and dedicated team
- Plan to raise investment to grow business
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to run a successful crowdfunding campaign
- How to prepare, plan and execute your campaign
- How to follow-up and how to plan for it
- Do’s and dont’s – hard learned lessons
- Timing and timeline for a campaign and its phases
This will be a moderated panel session and you will get an opportunity to ask questions to the panelists.
- Dates: Wednesday, October 4th, 2017
- Venue: GrowthAfrica
- Time: 10:00 – 12:00
- Fees: Free
Weldon Kennnedy: Co-founder of Enda Sportswear
Weldon is the co-founder of Enda Sportswear, a social enterprise founded to bring Kenyan athletic greatness to runners around the world, and to bring sustainable income to Kenya. He is a social-change campaigner who has worked on a range of early stage social change startups. He built the student and international member programs at The ONE Campaign and led Change.org’s growth in Europe as the regional Managing Director. An avid runner and running shoe obsessive, his half marathon PB is 1:37:39.
Gautam Shah: Founder of Internet of Elephants
Gautam is the founder of Internet of Elephants, a startup using real GPS data on wild animals to create social platforms to connect people to wildlife. He believes that by intelligently combining advancing technology with the trends in online entertainment, the wildlife conservation sector can improve the livelihoods of animals and people alike. Prior to starting IoE, Gautam spent 20 years leading and delivering complex IT projects for Accenture across India, Argentina, Kenya, and the US. He has run crowdfunding campaign and raised funding.
- FAQ ‘Open Mic’ session with the panellists
- Hear from and network with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Hang around afterwards to chat about your business
There is minimal parking at GrowthAfrica’s offices, however, participants can park at a private car park next to the offices at an affordable fee.
HOW TO REGISTER
To RSVP click REGISTER at the top right. For further inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0721 583404.