GrowthHub launches acceleration programme
Do you have an innovation that will change the world or are you looking to take your enterprise to the next level? We offer a unique programme focused on developing your leadership and growing your startup.
Village Capital Nairobi is a 20 weeks program from August to November 2012 tailored to boost Kenya’s most promising business ideas and innovations. As a participant you will join a group of likeminded peers, receive expert coaching on how to accelerate the growth of your company, and network with investors and strategic partners who can scale your venture. At the end of the program, two entrepreneurs will receive USD 50,000 investment each, with a twist: you, the entrepreneurs, will decide who among the participants who will get funded.
The program will be hosted and run at The GrowthHub by GrowthAfrica, and weekly sessions will focus on key areas of enhancing your business. Multiple public events will give you a forum to promote your enterprise and gain support.
[do action=”box-paragraph”]Participation cost: The program fee includes:
- Access to a wide network of mentors and advisors who will be working with you closely and frequently
- Opportunity to pitch your company at DEMO days to a group of investors from the US and Kenya
- Tuition for the entire course, which includes 6 three days workshops
- All publicity and social events included in Village Capital and The GrowthHub
- Expert legal, marketing and accounting (incl. access to the accounting software Uhasibu) assistance
- “Membership” of the Village Capital global network, which has run 10 programs in 6 cities to date worldwide) and led to investments of over USD 10 million in more than 150 companies[/do]
[do action=”box-paragraph”]Partners & investors:
- GrowthAfrica Consulting
- Village capital
- Stichting DOEN
- BLUE SKY
- Potencia Ventures[/do]
Village Capital creates opportunities for entrepreneurs worldwide seeking to build prosperous businesses and generate a positive impact on the world. It is entrepreneurs who contribute to building the new economy focusing on mobile, education, health, and clean energy, environmental sustainability, and local agriculture. Already 250 entrepreneurs have gone through 12 programs in seven cities worldwide: Mumbai, San Francisco, Boulder, São Paulo, London, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Shanghai. Now Village Capital has come to Nairobi.
Village Capital Nairobi promises to be the most exciting opportunity for Kenyan entrepreneurs this summer.